Project JEDI - Issue Tracker
Mantis Bugtracker

Viewing Issue Simple Details Jump to Notes ] View Advanced ] Issue History ] Print ]
ID Category Severity Reproducibility Date Submitted Last Update
0004454 [JEDI VCL] 00 JVCL Components text always 2008-09-12 10:36 2008-11-01 15:56
Reporter ZENsan View Status public  
Assigned To AHUser
Priority normal Resolution fixed  
Status resolved   Product Version Daily / GIT
Summary 0004454: In Delphi 2009 TJvFileNameEdit andT JvFolderEdit do not display unicode filenames correctly
Description In Delphi 2009 TJvFileNameEdit andT JvFolderEdit do not display unicode filenames correctly. Stored and processed are right.
Additional Information
Tags No tags attached.
Attached Files

- Relationships

-  Notes
(0014563)
ZENsan (reporter)
2008-09-14 12:04

Use daily builds. Kedi supported Delphi 2009 before it went out from CodeGear..
(0014670)
jfudickar (developer)
2008-09-24 14:51

Please check it again and give a feedback whether the bug already exists or not.

If it already exists, please include a small sample.

Greetings
Jens
(0014688)
ZENsan (reporter)
2008-09-25 03:20

I tried again with daily packages. The same issue. But I found that the problem was in OEMConvert property which is by default True. If we turn off OEMConvert - all displayed correctly.
(0014689)
jfudickar (developer)
2008-09-25 06:04

So is it a bug or is it a feature?
(0014693)
ZENsan (reporter)
2008-09-25 08:03

Good question :)
If I know why there is need for OEMConvert in this class. But at least I think that for Delphi 2009 it must not be True by default.
(0014697)
obones (administrator)
2008-09-26 00:13

With older versions of Delphi, I believe that non ASCII file names were given encoded using the OEM charset, pretty much like what the console does. So there was a need to convert them.
I agree that we should turn it off by default if the exe is compile with D2009.
(0014815)
obones (administrator)
2008-10-10 05:08

Issue available for anyone to look at.
(0014944)
AHUser (developer)
2008-11-01 15:55

Fixed in SVN.

The property OemConvert now defaults to False for "$IFDEF UNICODE"

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2008-09-12 10:36 ZENsan New Issue
2008-09-14 01:47 Atarikid Note Added: 0014559
2008-09-14 01:48 Atarikid Note Added: 0014560
2008-09-14 02:35 USchuster Note Deleted: 0014559
2008-09-14 02:35 USchuster Note Deleted: 0014560
2008-09-14 12:04 ZENsan Note Added: 0014563
2008-09-24 14:51 jfudickar Note Added: 0014670
2008-09-24 14:51 jfudickar Status new => feedback
2008-09-25 03:20 ZENsan Note Added: 0014688
2008-09-25 06:04 jfudickar Note Added: 0014689
2008-09-25 08:03 ZENsan Note Added: 0014693
2008-09-26 00:13 obones Note Added: 0014697
2008-10-10 05:08 obones Note Added: 0014815
2008-10-10 05:08 obones Status feedback => confirmed
2008-11-01 15:55 AHUser Status confirmed => resolved
2008-11-01 15:55 AHUser Fixed in Version => Daily / SVN
2008-11-01 15:55 AHUser Resolution open => fixed
2008-11-01 15:55 AHUser Assigned To => AHUser
2008-11-01 15:55 AHUser Note Added: 0014944


Mantis 1.1.6[^]
Copyright © 2000 - 2008 Mantis Group
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker