View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0006480||JEDI VCL||00 JVCL Components||public||2015-12-10 21:45||2016-08-23 00:23|
|Priority||normal||Severity||crash||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||Daily / GIT|
|Summary||0006480: Error: Runtime error 217 at 011789DA|
|Description||Following the following upgrade, one of my user get a Error: Runtime error 217 at 011789DA|
JCL v2.4 -> v2.7
JVCL v3.39 -> v3.49
Cause confirmed : JxCL incompatible with Embedded edition of windows 8
|Additional Information||Duplicate from http://issuetracker.delphi-jedi.org/view.php?id=6477 as i don't know if it is JCL or JVCL that crashes.|
|Tags||No tags attached.|
||Any chance to get this fixed or analysed ?|
||Another occurence here : http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/269294-sumo-4314317/?do=findComment&comment=1092498|
It may be related to Mantis 0006489
The code that is mentioned in 0006489 is only executed for Windows 8 and if a registry key doesn't exist or is not a valid integer.
Otherwise, there is not much the JCL/JVCL team can do here.
Looks like you're right !
When is this supposed to be integrated in an official release so that i can test ?
||Official versions are usually only released if there is a new Delphi version. And with EMBT switching back to a yearly release cycle, you may be better of using a daily snapshot, or merge the JclSysInfo changes into your code base by hand.|
||So I can mix daily JCL / JVCL without expecting issues ?|
||The daily versions of JCL and JVCL shouldn't be too far away, but because the development speed is very slow at the moment there shouldn't be any incompatibilities between the two. But daily builds may be contain bugs if somebody is working on it and nobody tested the code yet.|
I've compiled SUMo again with these new daily build
Now waiting for user feedback :
||What daily build did you use? The one made before I fixed the bug or did you use the git master branch?|
I'm using the one with
Result := StrToIntDef(Copy(Ver, 1, Pos('.', Ver) - 1), 2); // don't use StrBefore because it uses StrCaseMap that may not be initialized yet
Is that correct ?
Does anybody uses Win8.1 Embedded and could try my test build in order to confirm that this was the cause of the problem ?
That the correct one.
Nobody uses Win 8.1 Embedded, especially not at home.
OK good news.
Regarding Win 8.1 Embedded @ Home, that also what i thought until 2 users reported the Error 217 regression :-(
||I'd suggest to close this issue + duplicates and i'll reopen a new ticket if still reported by users.|
@AHUser are you OK with my proposal ?
I've found one user with Windows Embedded. He should give me more feedback on the fix in a few days.
||No feedback from user so far. I propose to close this one and i'll reopen a new ticket if still reported by users.|
|2015-12-10 21:45||Kyle_Katarn||New Issue|
|2015-12-20 11:13||Kyle_Katarn||Note Added: 0021262|
|2016-03-23 20:49||Kyle_Katarn||Note Added: 0021273|
|2016-05-23 20:56||Kyle_Katarn||Note Added: 0021290|
|2016-08-03 21:29||AHUser||Note Added: 0021319|
|2016-08-03 21:29||AHUser||Status||new => feedback|
|2016-08-03 22:04||Kyle_Katarn||Note Added: 0021320|
|2016-08-04 13:26||AHUser||Note Added: 0021322|
|2016-08-04 14:01||Kyle_Katarn||Note Added: 0021323|
|2016-08-04 16:57||AHUser||Note Added: 0021324|
|2016-08-04 19:24||Kyle_Katarn||Note Added: 0021327|
|2016-08-06 12:39||AHUser||Relationship added||has duplicate 0006477|
|2016-08-06 12:41||AHUser||Note Added: 0021348|
|2016-08-07 16:55||Kyle_Katarn||Note Added: 0021371|
|2016-08-07 19:10||AHUser||Note Added: 0021375|
|2016-08-07 23:12||Kyle_Katarn||Note Added: 0021376|
|2016-08-07 23:12||Kyle_Katarn||Note Added: 0021377|
|2016-08-09 23:30||Kyle_Katarn||Note Added: 0021378|
|2016-08-22 16:24||Kyle_Katarn||Note Added: 0021382|
|2016-08-23 00:23||AHUser||Status||feedback => resolved|
|2016-08-23 00:23||AHUser||Fixed in Version||=> Daily / GIT|
|2016-08-23 00:23||AHUser||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2016-08-23 00:23||AHUser||Assigned To||=> AHUser|