View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0002489JEDI VCL00 JVCL Componentspublic2005-02-04 04:02
ReporterbobsonAssigned Toobones 
Status resolvedResolutionno change required 
Product Version2.10 
Target VersionFixed in Version 
Summary0002489: On some instalation of Windows XP application crash while starting
DescriptionI have here 3 PCs stations with Windows XP installed. On one of them my App crash when I try to start it. I found something like that during tests:
00403832 - in (0)
00404343 - in (0)
77E8141A - GetCurrentDirectoryW in (0)
00000000 - in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Dokumenty\tests\ttt\ttt.exe
Exception C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00403832

Searching net i found similar errors in other apps and workaround - run app in Windows 98 compaticibility mode. In fact it's work, but its only workaround but not a solution of problem.

Im sure that this is problem with Jedi, because when I ripoff all jedi components from apps - apps start without problems.

Interesting is that this kind of problem i found only on 1 of 3 XP instalations.

TagsNo tags attached.



2005-01-08 09:36

reporter   ~0006105

Jvcl 3.00BETA2 seems to be immune to this problem.


2005-01-13 03:58

viewer   ~0006131

I have the same problem. The app runs fine on all 'older' XP machines but crashes on a brand-new (januari 2005 HP DC7000) machine. When I delete all JEDI-components it works fine. The new machine is not pre-installed but a normal XP-pro installation.


2005-01-14 03:30

developer   ~0006136

As you all know it is not possible to track down a bug if you do not get the described behaviour. So it is up to you to find the the defect unit by adding a unit, testing, adding another unit, testing, ...


2005-01-14 05:36

reporter   ~0006137

Nowaday I'm far away from XP instalations on which I notice this crashes. I will try to reproduce this error, test it ASAP and report.


2005-01-15 12:49

viewer   ~0006141

I have the same problem. My app crash when used on some HP machines.
When I remove my TJvMemoryData from my DataModule, the app does not crash.
I'm gona try to install JVCL 3 and see.


2005-01-17 03:02

administrator   ~0006163

This most likely is once again the very old bug in GetCPUInfo from the JCL.
This bug was fixed over a year ago and any version of JCL newer than 1.90 will not display this behaviour.
Please try using the latest versions:
JCL 1.94

Issue History

Date Modified Username Field Change
2005-01-08 08:33 bobson New Issue
2005-01-08 09:36 bobson Note Added: 0006105
2005-01-13 03:58 anonymous Note Added: 0006131
2005-01-14 03:30 AHUser Note Added: 0006136
2005-01-14 03:30 AHUser Status new => feedback
2005-01-14 05:36 bobson Note Added: 0006137
2005-01-15 12:49 anonymous Note Added: 0006141
2005-01-17 03:02 obones Note Added: 0006163
2005-02-04 04:02 obones Status feedback => resolved
2005-02-04 04:02 obones Resolution open => no change required
2005-02-04 04:02 obones Assigned To => obones