View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0002489||JEDI VCL||00 JVCL Components||public||2005-01-08 08:33||2005-02-04 04:02|
|Status||resolved||Resolution||no change required|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0002489: On some instalation of Windows XP application crash while starting|
|Description||I have here 3 PCs stations with Windows XP installed. On one of them my App crash when I try to start it. I found something like that during tests:|
00403832 - in (0)
00404343 - in (0)
77E8141A - GetCurrentDirectoryW in (0)
00000000 - in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Dokumenty\tests\ttt\ttt.exe
Exception C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00403832
Searching net i found similar errors in other apps and workaround - run app in Windows 98 compaticibility mode. In fact it's work, but its only workaround but not a solution of problem.
Im sure that this is problem with Jedi, because when I ripoff all jedi components from apps - apps start without problems.
Interesting is that this kind of problem i found only on 1 of 3 XP instalations.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
||Jvcl 3.00BETA2 seems to be immune to this problem.|
I have the same problem. The app runs fine on all 'older' XP machines but crashes on a brand-new (januari 2005 HP DC7000) machine. When I delete all JEDI-components it works fine. The new machine is not pre-installed but a normal XP-pro installation.
||As you all know it is not possible to track down a bug if you do not get the described behaviour. So it is up to you to find the the defect unit by adding a unit, testing, adding another unit, testing, ...|
||Nowaday I'm far away from XP instalations on which I notice this crashes. I will try to reproduce this error, test it ASAP and report.|
I have the same problem. My app crash when used on some HP machines.
When I remove my TJvMemoryData from my DataModule, the app does not crash.
I'm gona try to install JVCL 3 and see.
This most likely is once again the very old bug in GetCPUInfo from the JCL.
This bug was fixed over a year ago and any version of JCL newer than 1.90 will not display this behaviour.
Please try using the latest versions:
JVCL 3 RC 1
|2005-01-08 08:33||bobson||New Issue|
|2005-01-08 09:36||bobson||Note Added: 0006105|
|2005-01-13 03:58||anonymous||Note Added: 0006131|
|2005-01-14 03:30||AHUser||Note Added: 0006136|
|2005-01-14 03:30||AHUser||Status||new => feedback|
|2005-01-14 05:36||bobson||Note Added: 0006137|
|2005-01-15 12:49||anonymous||Note Added: 0006141|
|2005-01-17 03:02||obones||Note Added: 0006163|
|2005-02-04 04:02||obones||Status||feedback => resolved|
|2005-02-04 04:02||obones||Resolution||open => no change required|
|2005-02-04 04:02||obones||Assigned To||=> obones|