View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0006523JEDI VCL02 Installationpublic2016-08-23 16:34
ReportermyarmorAssigned ToAHUser 
Status resolvedResolutionfixed 
PlatformWindowsOSW7 x64OS Version
Product VersionDaily / GIT 
Target VersionFixed in VersionDaily / GIT 
Summary0006523: Installer: Delphi Berlin 10.1 Pro identified as "10.1 Pers"?
DescriptionOn the "Select Packages" the installer identifies Delphi 10.1 Professional as RAD Studio 10.1 Personal (Iow, "Pers").
Steps To ReproduceStart the installer with Delphi 10.1 Professional installed.
TagsNo tags attached.



2016-08-20 19:21

developer   ~0021381

'Pers' is used for the edition string if the "Edition" entry is missing from the registry key HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\Embarcadero\BDS\18.0.

This means your Delphi installation registry key has missing entries. Did you use the Delphi ISO installer or the new Get-It web installer? If it is the web installer, you could create a quality central bug report for the missing registry value. (Who knows what else is missing).


2016-08-23 01:42

reporter   ~0021384

Oh? This was a surprise.. I installed Delphi with Windows 32/64 personalities using the web installer. No complaints from the program nor the platform and extensions manager, nor do any of them behaved erratically.

In the About box:
Product License Status: Registered

Maybe it still is a reason for a qc report, but I don't really know
what to report, considering everything seem to work as expected.

This is in the root of that registry key, which looks complete but
with a "Compatible=-1", "RegMergeLevel=0", and no Edition setting.
"App"="c:\\program files (x86)\\embarcadero\\studio\\18.0\\bin\\bds.exe"
"LastUpdateTime"="8-14-2014 9|16|18"
"RegMergeTimeStamp"="9-8-2014 14|07|53"
"RootDir"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Embarcadero\\Studio\\18.0\\"


2016-08-23 01:57

reporter   ~0021385

I just added the missing Edition value, so I JVCL displays it as expected, although Delphi itself don't seem to care.


2016-08-23 16:34

developer   ~0021386

I changed the default in the installer to be empty instead of using a wrong edition.

Issue History

Date Modified Username Field Change
2016-08-20 18:57 myarmor New Issue
2016-08-20 19:21 AHUser Note Added: 0021381
2016-08-20 19:21 AHUser Status new => feedback
2016-08-23 01:42 myarmor Note Added: 0021384
2016-08-23 01:57 myarmor Note Added: 0021385
2016-08-23 16:34 AHUser Note Added: 0021386
2016-08-23 16:34 AHUser Status feedback => resolved
2016-08-23 16:34 AHUser Fixed in Version => Daily / GIT
2016-08-23 16:34 AHUser Resolution open => fixed
2016-08-23 16:34 AHUser Assigned To => AHUser